View Single Post
Old 2016-07-12, 00:08   Link #7
Cerilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Why do you think it won't get another season? Re:Zero is doing well in preorder sales estimates (for Blu-Rays) last I checked. The anime itself will likely be a good commercial success.
Re:zero has the same problem as OPM: The series catched-up with the commercial source material. The LN currently is at 9 novels which correspond to the end of Arc 3. Yes, the web source is already further away, but adapting rough material give no merit commercially.

I am sure this will get sequel, but not soon. Gotta wait a bit to let the LN content build up. I forecast it will come up in 3 years.

Quote:
Re:Zero is made by White Fox. White Fox is a fairly new anime studio, but they have shown a willingness to do sequels (two separate seasons of GochiUsa).
AFAIK, White Fox got no calls on deciding sequel. If anything, it shows the trust of the stakeholder to White Fox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis View Post
I like design for Emilia the most and as a character as well. If it turns out she's not the main girl, I'm dropping this like a hot potato.
I actually like what the author doing here. There is tendency to feature the main heroine most of the time in LNs, so letting her get back a bit here and let the story flow is nice.