View Single Post
Old 2016-06-23, 10:22   Link #95
Darthtabby

I doubt the behaviour of the NUN rep seemingly proving the Windermerean claim that the NUN does not deal with the locals on equal terms was an accident on the part of the writers. It wouldn't be that hard to throw in a line about "the Ragnan government has already agreed to our plan" if it wasn't meant to showcase NUNS trampling over the locals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
An entire city on Alfheim was wiped out by Var syndrome. Yes it is a WMD. Count the numerous acts of violence seen on the show causing civilian casualties.
The only time the series has shown Heinz' singing used to simply make people go berserk was in the first episode when they're trying to lure out Walkure. That being said I do imagine the distribution of the apples that increase people's susceptibility to VAR (and this makes them easier to control) has led to cases where people have gone berserk. Windermere is playing with fire here.

I do find it notable that mind control was used on the civilian population of Al-Shahal, but on Voldor it was targetted at the military. Is this because the Wind treats natives of the cluster differently from immigrants? Or is it just because we haven't been back to Voldor recently?