View Single Post
Old 2016-06-23, 01:45   Link #80
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Well, for all of these quotes, I'm just going by what I read for the subbed episodes I watched. So I'm open to people pointing out translation errors.

I don't know if Gramia, Roid, Keith, etc... want to kill every last earthling or not. My personal impression is that they'd be satisfied with ridding the Brisignr Cluster of all earthlings, even if that mainly means just forcing earthlings (humans?) to abandon the cluster and flee to other places in the universe. I don't think the Windermereans are insanely blood-thirsty, although their desire for revenge means that they're probably going to enjoy what kills they do get.
I would say that Gramia and Keith are ruthless enough to kill people to claim their goal. Roid is thinking more like a politician. That's why Keith insulted him, that his sword get rusty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Of course I'm not saying it is a good thing for people to think it's impossible.

But then the question becomes: so why does Windermere not think that peaceful coexistence is possible? Why did they think that they had no choice but to go to war? Is it because NUN did something so terrible to them that they simply cannot trust them?

That's the difference between you and the other members of the 'Windermere should be crushed' faction and those of us who are waiting to find out the real truth behind Windermere's extreme stance. We believe that it is quite possible that NUN/the 'colonizers' did something that warrants it - after all, they were completely willing to go to Ragna and unilaterally destroy the Protoculture Ruins there, without allowing the Ragnans any say in the matter whatsoever.

Do you seriously expect Windermere to trust an external power that will come in and destroy something that is obviously incredibly important to their people just like that? Especially if the Windermereans think it was NUN that destroyed the ruins on their planet? Tell me, if they believe that NUN is a threat as long as they remain in the sector, what else can they do besides try to kick them out?
This is now a guess. Maybe NUN have ignored the Windermere on economic, political and social issues addressed to them and the only way out of this is by declaring war. This lies next with Roids explanation: "Forty years ago, the New United Government reached out to us Windermereans. However, under their cooperative guise hid true evil. They crafted a profoundly unequal treaty and sought to monopolize all profits."