View Single Post
Old 2016-06-22, 23:41   Link #69
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Which means we really don't know what happened. Furthermore, we also don't know the extent of the damage the weapon caused on the planet. If there were ruins in that location, there's a chance the core of the planet was damaged.
And what, that their planet is doomed? Then why aren't they bringing it up? Why didn't Gramia discuss it in his big Episode 11 speech? It certainly seems like the sort of thing you'd want to bring up in a speech like that - "Today we claim new territory to ensure our survival!"

You know, Kazu-kun, there's a cost to doing dramatic last-minute sob stories that by all rights should have been revealed earlier. This is a really bad anime trope that has hurt many anime shows, in my view. I hope Delta doesn't make that kind of mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post

I can't believe you just said this. I mean: "get over it?" Really? The implication about what the dimension eater did seems to be on an even worse level than Pearl Harbour, or 9/11.
Except America didn't start a war with Japan, or a war with Afghanistan (or Saudi Arabia) that directly lead into 9/11. Windermere almost certainly started its own war of independence. How else could it even be a war of independence?

War is a dangerous thing. If you declare a war, you're taking a risk, especially if you're declaring a war on a more powerful party.

Quote:
Knowing what I know of Japanese domestic politics and how progressives like Kawamori probably think about Japan's post-war, I highly doubt that.
You highly doubt that Japanese progressives would be against old Japanese nationalistic resentments? Karice, that doesn't even make sense.

Here's some questions for you, Karice - Which side of the NUNs/Windermere conflict keeps talking about annihilating or eradicating or ridding themselves of the other side? Which side acts like peaceful coexistence is completely impossible? Do you really think Kawamori wants these sorts of attitudes to be sympathetic?