View Single Post
Old 2016-06-22, 12:57   Link #28
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
You're probably right, but of the two, I can more easily imagine Tony sympathizing with Windermere. Or at least sympathizing with Roid. Since Roid is a scientist conducting research on the protoculture ruins, which a scientist/inventor like Tony would probably see value in. For much the same reason, I think Tony would dislike the idea of NUNs blowing up Ragna's protoculture ruins without first thoroughly studying them.

Basically, yeah, both Cap and Tony would be against Windermere, but if you have to pick one to champion the "Windermere are sympathetic antagonists" side, Tony is the right pick, imo.
I think you have it backwards. Tony sided with the central authority. Pretty boy fighting people for the ideals he holds dear with no regards for the consequences is more Cap's speed. (At least when it comes to the Civil War movie.)

(Though year, the Windermere royals are basically supervillains now. Which brings us back to Cap siding with them, if you've read Cap's recent comic book...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyclear View Post
Did anyone ever notice that if it's the protagonist(s) that are doing the whole revenge or brainwashing thing then so many fans find it completely acceptable and in fact encourage said protagonist(s)... (Dearest Lelouch one of the more popular (famous) anime characters and he's infamous for brainwashing/ manipulating quite a lot of people (for often tragic results) grant it maybe not millions (at least I don't think so...)and don't even get me started on Light)
Then again I'm not saying what Windermere is doing is correct (hell by my own morals I dislike it a lot) I'm just saying fans can be a little uh morally ambiguous in concerns to certain protagonists actions.
As has been said, Lelouch's always been clear to himself he was no hero. Furthermore:
- he had a clearly evil empire to overthrow;
- the evils he purposely committed were mostly temporary in nature. (Plus the deaths that are the price of making even a necessary war.) He didn't set out to conquer the world and forever hold it in bondage.