View Single Post
Old 2016-06-22, 04:39   Link #20
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
There's a reason why I habitually call him Ledouche. No, I did not find his actions morally acceptable at all and was glad it bit him in the ass so often.
In the case of Lelouche, we at least know of his motivations, and that it isn't rooted in him being a spoiled, arrogant brat with self-entitlement issues. Lelouche is more "Make a better world for Nunnaly and get revenge against his father", which are more understandable motives than "they tainted our wind!".

I don't think anybody thinks that Lelouche was totally a good guy though, and that's actually one of the things about him, is that he's upfront amoral, and knows it. He's not trying to be a completely self-righteous douche like the Windermerians are being, nor does he try to justify his actions beneath the cloak of nobility. He doesn't convince himself that he's the good guy, and even when he's using the mantle of Zero he knows that it's only really a means to an end. This is quite unlike the Windermerians, who try to justify their actions as liberating the worlds from NUNS, even though they themselves are putting the people of said worlds under heel through mind control. Basically, Lelouche is more likeable simply because, as far as his moral stance is concerned, he knows that what he's doing is evil, whereas with the Windermerians they're so thoroughly convinced that they are right and just despite the means they use in their crusade.

The Windermerians also lose to Lelouche for not having the latter's FABULOUSNESS and sheer awesome charisma

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.