View Single Post
Old 2016-06-06, 00:22   Link #83
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Putting aside the song, which might be referring to just Messer's feelings, rather than both, I thought it was pretty clear that their 'date' was set up by Makimaki.
It seems sung by Kaname's POV (the singer is saying how the pilot soars the sky fearlessly and isn't going to see their smile again). IIRC, they meant to make the lyrics matching the action and there's literal zero emotional investment when Arad is fighting on the same battle. If she liked him so much, then she would be worried he and the rest of the rookies were getting their ass kicked before Messer appeared. I don't know. It's not dramatic enough if Kaname's feelings are totally platonic. Just like Hayate doesn't scream every Walkure's name when they are in danger, he screams Freyja's name because he's closer to her (not saying that he has romantic feelings for her, he obviously doesn't, but if Kaname was so into Arad, she would have show more open concern about him).

I don't rule out she used to like Arad, but her emotional response to Messer seems a bit beyond platonic. She was crying as she was singing too. With tears dripping down his bracelet-mp3 player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Tears aside, I think this episode is a perfect opportunity for Hayate to grow up. Mirage knows her game, but she really needs to play it better.

Though if not for Hayate letting Boogie live, things might not have turned out this way. I doubt Hayate will ever get chewed for this, but man, do I feel he was partially responsible...
Huh? Bogue contributed absolutely nothing in last fight besides showing Mirage is even worse than he is. He was just up his Team Rocket I'LL KILL YOU WALKURE antics and got his ass kicked. Hayate's conscience is clear. In fact, he was smart, because they could have replaced Bogue with a less Walkure death thirsty competent pilot and Mirage would be dead. Hayate's inadvertently saved her from getting ingloriously killed.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2016-06-06 at 00:32.
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote