View Single Post
Old 2016-06-05, 22:31   Link #74
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
RIP Messer. He really did turn out to be one of the most likable characters in this series. I guess it wasn't the worst way to go out though. He wouldn't have been happy in his teaching post and he even acknowledges that his true place is with the Delta squad. He got to go out fighting with his squad and he went down at the hands of an opponent that at least respected him.

Delta Squad will need to find a way out of this and improve. Even with Hayate riding the wind, I doubt they are a match for Kieth at the moment.

Axia is a good song and I like how it basically summarizes Messer and Kaname's relationship.
Yeah, if you gotta go out there are worse ways I suppose. I mean the ideal result is taking your opponent with you, but such is how it goes. Still, goes out and leaves an impact on everyone as he does. Pretty well saves the day like a hero, keeps everyone around him alive and shows what he is capable of. Messer at least managed to repay his debts and protect Kaname...and the rest of the group.

Of course at the same time this could be prime trauma for Kaname to never do another solo song..... The aces are down, leader steps up to the plate....and their best pilot dies. Obviously those two things aren't connected, but feelings on events aren't always rational.

Tough times ahead for that group. At Hayate's best he's still not on the level of the last fight in this episode. Thus...they now have no one that can keep that guy busy. Going to be tough to send this group out to defend planets and fight if they can't actually hold a candle to their opponents.