View Single Post
Old 2016-06-05, 19:13   Link #58
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazred View Post
I do like the muted emphasis on love shenanigans as well, i just don't feel like Mirage has dropped enough hints that i buy her side of the exchange. With Freyja, sure; i can see her still being anxious about Mirage and Hayate. However i think the closest Mirage has gotten to showing affection has been her constant focus on Hayate when he's in the cockpit; it's bordering on dangerous distraction, really, but she hasn't had any 'realization' moments like Freyja. As such, it seems like this is the first instance where she's shown concern over Freyja's closeness to him so it struck me as a bit sudden.
I think she is more busy being a better pilot than being a better woman. She is focused doing her job well as a member of delta squad and Hayates Wingman or vice versa. What I like most since their personal fight is that they get very good along that they are covering each other and doing flying maneuvers you would not expect from a rookie and a pro. The other thing is. She has still has to realize the present and not the future (See last episode the convesation between Messer and Freyja). In other words, she is just "numb" at the moment.