View Single Post
Old 2016-06-01, 08:20   Link #91
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

By-the-by, since I was trying to figure out how to understand the concept of "fold receptors" and how they relate to fold bacteria and fold waves, I decided to look up this line (@02:53):

And got this instead:
The Var Syndrome is likely caused when the fold bacteria that are living
parasitically in a person's cells transmit and amplify intense emotions through
hyperspace
, making the individual behave violently.

(Japanese if anyone wants to check:『ヴァールシンドロームとは細胞内に寄生したフォールド細菌が強烈な感情を亜空間を通じて伝播 ・増幅させ人間を凶暴化させる現象だと考えられています』)

Taking that as the hypothesis of the scientists working with Chaos at the moment, how do we explain Messer in this episode?

He went Var without Heinz transmitting those intense emotions (the ones that Reina last episode described as feeling "sharp" and "painful")... Does that mean that they can amplify the intense emotions that an 'infected' individual him/herself has, which means that any intense emotion can potentially cause them to go crazy, as happened to Messer when trying to fight Keith? And does that mean that Messer has been trying to stay out of any situation that would give him such intense emotions, which might be why he keeps refusing Kaname's invitations?

c.f. these previous comments:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles883 View Post
I think Messer try to avoid Kaname from her advancement despite he (I think) in love with her is to spared her from sadness and despair as he still has Vars and knew one day he most likely die either from his enemies or his allies when he went full Vars and Delta have to kill him
I think it's not n the way far simpler than that. Messer owe Kaname huge dept and that's why he rejects her kindness, because he would end owe her even more. I guess it's akin to "Lady and Knight" situation, where "knight" (Messer) is too loyal and honorable to have any "inpure" feelings toward his mistress.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2016-06-01 at 09:21.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote