View Single Post
Old 2016-05-23, 23:16   Link #29
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I give up. At some point I had to realise I am the only person around here willing to speak plainly. I just don't enjoy dancing around topics to avoid annoying other people.

The bank ccount example makes sense because I want his money, and I want to take it from him. He can share his details so I wouldn't hurt him, or I take his money anyway AND hurt him. That's China's position.

But the thing is, Vietnam rightly or wrongly, has pride in defeating the Unite States in battle. And that means they are not going to back down on China either. Any suggestion that Vietnam "share" simply makes no sense, because you know full well that a smaller nation can NEVER share its territory with its stronger neighbour. It is literally suicide. A small nation has to hold on to all its territory, or it would cease to exist. Sharing is automatically the equivalent of being absorbed by the stronger neighbour, much like the satellite states of the USSR. Vietnam CAN'T share with China, because it isn't an equal relationship. They are either separate, or become a vassal state.
How the hell is pointing out nuances and conditions suddenly become an act of deception or annoyance just because it doesn't automatically conform to someone's predetermined ideological position? That's why it's called politics, NOT PHILOSOPHICAL TRUTH.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote