View Single Post
Old 2016-05-23, 16:45   Link #24
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
If only it were your territory. The point with all this islands / maritime territory nonsense is this, nobody has a bullet-proof, objectively correct, claim from the perspective of international law. What you have is a number of intersecting claims, each of which have a bit of legitimacy and a bit of illigitimacy. Key is answering the question of who appears to have the more credible claim. But here's the catch, what is more credible is highly subjective. And it seems no side in this has the will to accept some form of compromise in form of shared ownership.
Doesn't matter who you think the territory belongs too; what matter is what Vietnam thinks. If they think the territory is theirs, you are not going to reason your way into making them part with it.

If China want it, Vietnam isn't going to just hand it over. And being Communist will change NOTHING. Because territory dispute is more important than political ideology.

Frankly your reply makes no sense. Of course claims can be changed. Just as I can forcefully take all your belongings if I have a large enough number of armed thugs.

Why should Vietnam share with China what they already own exclusively? If China want to use force, then they can. But until then Vietnam isn't going to surrender. They didn't surrender to America, back then, so why should they surrender to China now?