View Single Post
Old 2004-01-03, 05:34   Link #3
ClassicDrogn
Raving Mechafreak

Heresy! Blasphemy! Oh shame, oh degradation!

Quote:
Macross 7 was supposedly made with the American market in mind, but it's too expensive for any American distributer to want it. Big West owns the show, but every bit of music is owned by another company, Victor I believe, and has to be licensed seperately at huge cost.

The Galaxy is Calling Me also shares the music problem so it won't be licensed. Also it would be difficult to only license this 30 minute movie and not the series.

Dynamite 7 shares the music problem with M7, and also bneing a direct sequel to M7, it would be hard for some to get into it with no background to some of the major characters.
I'm about to say something that's bound to be terribly unpopular.

Brace yourself. Ready?

I think that the best solution to this would be for some translation company who knows their ass from their elbow about quality to accquire the animation licenses, and let the music hang. Get some english speaking group - not a top 20 Name, someone whose sound is similar and is small enough to be hireable as the voices for the characters all the time - and make aall new music for it. Why? Because it would still be the same story, with music accessible to the age group the toys are actually targeted at, and would therefore be an actual contender on national TV, where the big bucks are. Yes, I like the original audio - Mylene's voice can never possibly sound as good with any dub VA... but I'd rather see a rack full of Macross toys in Wal Mart riding the resurgence of transforming robot vehicles. A whole new generation of kids could see what the real thing looks like, not this Nikolodeon wobbly lines crap, or South Park cutouts... TF:Armada toys were... okay... and Energon looks like it'll be better, but the shows are total writeoffs.

When it's already made millions, those music licenses might not look so bad as a special feature for the DVD set, eh? Now, anyone got a few hundred thou for venture capital?
ClassicDrogn is offline   Reply With Quote