View Single Post
Old 2016-04-11, 00:45   Link #45
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

On character deaths, I really don't mind it as long as I do not suspect said character death as a kind of fulfillment of some technical storytelling requirements and it happens within logical bounds. Being a final arc doesn't automatically justify killing characters left and right, and so does character development. As we all know, it is not every time that character development must revolve on death. In fact, Kamachi is doing the complete opposite on Touma, and I assume the same can be said on Mikoto. To me, the worst thing Kamachi can do to somehow vindicate Mikoto is to kill her when she has to realize a lot of things throughout the series. (That may or may not include her feelings for the guy.)

Still, this "cliffhanger" of Mikoto being driven off the edge reminds me of Mugino in OT21... except that I prefer Mugino's because she has been crazy ever since OT15. Mikoto on the other hand...
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote