View Single Post
Old 2016-04-04, 15:27   Link #72
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
According to Kawamori, your perspective should be fine coz Macross 7 is the Macross series that he's been wanting to make as both SDF & DYRL still somewhat disappointed him.

But since my first foray into the franchise is the very first SDF, I tend to prefer the Ace Combat-element. I'm still fine with the pop-songs (and Fire Bomber's rock songs, hell yeah!!). But dancing valks and dancing idols on the battlefield......... *shakes head*
While I'll admit the flashy battlefield performance is pushing it a bit for me as well, how can you not find valkyrie back up dancers awesome?

(Though actually the concept has been experimented with before. They've been taken down from youtube, but at one time there were some CGI videos from a Macross Frontier Pachinko game that had valkyries incorporated into Ranka and Sheryl's performances. In Ranka's case they were dancing in battroid mode behind her, and in Sheryl's case Alto's Valkyrie followed her hand movements in Gerwalk mode before shifting into Fighter mode and rocketing skyward when she threw her arm up. It was kind of cool, despite how horrific Sheryl looks in CG.)
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote