View Single Post
Old 2016-04-04, 11:28   Link #49
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
Wait, her name is Mirage? Which name is correct? So the girl on the right was the female pilot in this episode? Am I right? I am somewhat confused. lol

It was awesome but I'm not sure what exactly happened this episode. lol
The girl on the right is Mirage, the female pilot in Delta squadron and ostensibly the third leg in the traditional Macross love triangle. Mikumo is the "center" girl for the Walküre idol group. She makes a much stronger impression than Mirage does in this ep, IMHO, and it sorta makes me wonder if the event staff that produced that flier are trying to give us a no-so-subtle hint about their preferences.

(The flier is from a stamp rally to promote the series, so it was an official event.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Hayate's "forklift" though is a worker-type Destroid, and apparently the controls for the 171 is more or less similar.
Eh, as much as this is the norm for mecha anime, i sorta like how Sidonia averted it, in that the newer model mech had the exact same controls as the older model, but piloted in a totally different fashion because the auto-assist was tuned to be more aggressive; that seems like a more realistic take on how two machines with superficially similar control schemes should handle.
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote