View Single Post
Old 2016-04-03, 23:30   Link #27
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

DDDAAAAMMMNNN! They cut out a lot of the fat (particularly shortening the very slow beginning), and added our MC actually flying a Valkyrie. I can't believe they made it even better than the pre-screening episode.

And yeah, to anyone new to Macross, just keep in mind that in the Macross universe, singing is so powerful that it literally has the power to stop wars (which is the reason why I'm interested THIS series as they prove that the opposite is true... it can start wars as well). I know it's ridiculous, but just as Gundam depends on Minovsky particles (or some derivation thereof depending on the series), one of the major premises of Macross is that singing can have very powerful, mass AoE, magical-like altering effects. It's like they took the DnD Bard class and ramped it up to 11.

You know what I find ironic though? Mikumo's singing voice is only 15 years old, and yet she sings as the 'veteran' of the group. Contrast this to the voice of 'newbie Freyja', who is 20. Not that I mind though; on the contrary, I'm really digging the singing voices of Junta/Suzuki Minori more than I ever did Frontier's May'n/Nakajima Megumi.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote