View Single Post
Old 2016-03-01, 03:21   Link #66
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
And finally that has come to pass: The Greatest Generation (RESTART)
Just when I was thinking I should amble along here to make a note that The Greatest Generation is back.

For those wondering, part of why it's taken so long to come back is well, while the original story was good, it could be made better, and I've always been a little dissatisfied with my first BETA run at the story, so a lot of the past few months was spent on polishing and revising, as well as assisting the committee with plotting out the future direction of the story. As you can see, from some minor touchup and retcons in Chapter 1, Chapter 3 has had some extensive revision which IMO improves the story a fair bit (tl;dr more development to Tenryuu, some pretty hilarious lines, and the replacement of the admiral from generic random wise old dude Admiral with Japanese!Gibbs!Admiral).

I am also helping Sheo Darren out with Eternity, an AU with several interesting points of depature:

- Yamato was damaged in an air raid on Kure, meaning that Nagato was sent to Ten-Go
- US Marines, securing Kure, captured Yamato
- MacArthur, in full ego, had the surrender ceremony on Yamato, and later had Yamato used to support Iowa and New Jersey in naval gunfire missions during Korea
- in 1957, Fleet Admiral Bill Halsey offers MacArthur a deal: Help him save Enterprise from the breakers by selling her to the JMSDF, and he will use all his influence and pull every string he can to help MacArthur keep Yamato as an American war prize.

It's basically a vehicle for modern!Japanese!Enterprise and modernised!American!Yamato. Surprisingly enough though Nagato has made more appearances.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote