View Single Post
Old 2015-12-21, 13:46   Link #10
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Which means that the downside of immortality, would eventually no longer be theoretical to Araragi. Growing old together with Senjougahara, with all it's implications of age and mortality is an impossibility.

In a certain morbid way, this means that Araragi is on a lifetime loan to Senjougahara, but at the end of the day. Shinobu will always be the Last girl standing. And when Senjougahara and Hanekawa departs, then Araragi would truly leave his mortality behind.
It's pretty dark all right. Araragi has the chance to have his humanity back fully, while making sure Shinobu is all right by becoming a god, and as we see in Nadeko Medusa, he won't take it. His issues get skirted a lot because people only find him to be cool, but to be frank, it's not fair at all to Hitagi, or to Shinobu that she essentially will "win" by default. Or to him claiming monogamy with Hanekawa.

So he is effectively two timing with no repurcussions, and I think he subconsciously knows it. Hanekawa wouldn't take that, so his rejection, while aggravating, is honestly better for her in the long run. But it also means he could see that she would firmly not stand for a situation like that, and wanted to be straight with her.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote