View Single Post
Old 2015-11-09, 14:54   Link #98
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krunk View Post
I still don't really get treating the emperor as a god. I mean, he only provided new technology to the people right? I feel like he should've been treated more like Haku is now, though more as a super genius than a slacker.

I could get that people worshipped Witsuarunemitea given its tremendous power, size, and appearance. He literally towers over everything after all.

Also regarding that, are the people of Yamato unaware of Witsuarunemitea? It seems like Yamato has been free of its influence in its entire history.
The emperor have lived for hundreds of years, he existed very early in their civilization. He only needed to root in the thought of him being good very early and it would stick in their heads. Look at how they treated the palace, it was made through holy things. They don't question it anymore.
They "know" about Witsu in the same way as the "mecha people" did in the first season(can't recall the name). They don't worship it and see it as a bad god and basically laughs at the notion that the god sleeps in Tusukuru.
LROlsson is offline   Reply With Quote