View Single Post
Old 2015-10-13, 08:40   Link #48
Alf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LROlsson View Post
Don't expect anything deep from the gameplay side, it's not the focus.

I liked the gameplay, but it's as basic as it can get, and there are only 17 stages so there aren't a lot.

Like the first game, it's story first gameplay second.
There are however difficulty settings, but I don't like hard games so I didn't test the hard one.
The only battle I had problem with was the final boss.
But at the same time I missed the existence of Bonus Points so my units could've been a lot stronger than they were.
And as for the plot, it felt like utawarerumono to me, but the story is slow.
And when it's start to get faster it ends with what feels like a "to be continued" ending for Utaware 3.
There are BP in this game but you can only arrange them at the menu before or after battle. Extra BP can be gained by recalling past battles.

As for the plot, I think it has pretty much completed what it was intented to write about under the title, such that I think perhaps Haku will not be the protagonst in the next game. But there are many small turns in the plot that are easily go unnoticed before war begins. Perhaps it's lacking some big events but I think there is a limitation to the length of the story that limited the number of events allowed in the plot.

If you remember the anime of the first game, pacing near the end was very rushed and a lot of plot points were cut away. It seems this second game is designed with anime in mind so I think this is a major reason for the length and the way it is designed.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote