View Single Post
Old 2015-10-12, 10:42   Link #46
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm.... View Post
I will ask it here. (Haven't read the whole thread to not being spoiled)

If this new game worth playing ? Is it better, worse or about the same as first game ? relatively speaking.

I did play original game after I watched original anime. And I found that the game suck. Gameplay-wise, it's very basic and gave me no challenge whatsoever. Story-wise, to be fair, I played Japanese version. So I can't read one bit of it. I depended on anime knowledge and visual cue to understand what's going on. So I wouldn't catch bits and pieces the anime missed.

I may be to blame for expecting proper gameplay from H-game back then. However, is it different this time around ??
Don't expect anything deep from the gameplay side, it's not the focus.

I liked the gameplay, but it's as basic as it can get, and there are only 17 stages so there aren't a lot.

Like the first game, it's story first gameplay second.
There are however difficulty settings, but I don't like hard games so I didn't test the hard one.
The only battle I had problem with was the final boss.
But at the same time I missed the existence of Bonus Points so my units could've been a lot stronger than they were.
And as for the plot, it felt like utawarerumono to me, but the story is slow.
And when it's start to get faster it ends with what feels like a "to be continued" ending for Utaware 3.
LROlsson is offline   Reply With Quote