View Single Post
Old 2015-10-10, 14:52   Link #80
Clutchdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekari View Post
Now that volume 18 cover is out, and I think this comment regards Masaki, I'll post it here.

Well after I read volume 15 english translations my hating of this guy just vanished. I didn't fall for his character, however his personality is so righteous and cute that is hard to have any bad feelings for him. In my opinion, Minoru would be a better suitor on the engagement matter, for Minoru has a dark side so charming and unpredictable that maybe he would proportionate a awesome villain or an excellent pair for Miyuki.

Satou is trolling us again. Suzaku is now doing the thing that no sane man would do: trying to approach a woman in her territory where everybody knows she is engaged. I hope he'll keep his shyness and invite her to chat after the classes, somewhere that is not 1st High, then go smoothly. We all know that despite his love at first sight he will not be able to induce it in her, if she had felt the same I think he would know, so he'll use reasoning perhaps and here is the big deal: Will he, just like a prince in a white horse, offer his assistance to "save" her from the "evil plans" of her family? Will he try to understand her feelings and persuade her to give up (you're siblings and bla bla bla)? Did Satou show us his true character?

For now I only know that this volume will be very very very slow if it focus on MasakixMiyuki, nevertheless it can be fun.

(All this "romance" thing is something that would happen sooner or later, we all know. I think Satou is trying to eliminate this as soon as possible because, really, they'll not have time for this once they graduate. University and SCAPES and being Yotsuba next head training, it's for the best they're doing it now. And, you know, even if this engagement thing didn't happen, Tatsuya is almost an 18 years old male, even if he had no interest Yotsuba would marry him to other branch to keep him tied to them. Marriage is a standard in Mahoukaverse.)
For me, Miyuki/Minoru have the same problem as Miyuki/Masaki, both of the guys are too immature and timid for a girl like Miyuki. I just can't picture it. I am a bit interested in seeing how Masaki will approach Miyuki after the reaction she had last volume after hearing about the proposal. In that sense, I'm a bit afraid that if they end up alone Miyuki will show very little mercy. We know how she gets when Tatsuya is alone with girls as well.
Anyway I agree with you that it's better to get the romance stuff out of the way so that the series can focus on more important and bigger things. It's been 18 volumes, lets just get this dealt with. Hope this volume doesn't turn out to be super slow and uneventful.
Clutchdog is offline   Reply With Quote