Thread: Anime White Album 2
View Single Post
Old 2015-10-03, 17:20   Link #5
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I don't think I've seen Saekano - Do you recommend it?
Saekano is a fairly typical but well-executed harem. As an example, the resident childhood friend wears twin-tails (and contacts?) in school, while she lets her hair down at home when she hangs around in glasses and jumpsuit. She's completely comfortable around the harem lead (and the other haremlettes) like that. The show's full of things like that, that give the show an authentic atmosphere that many other harem shows don't have. Don't expect too much authenticity, though - it's still a fairly typical harem story. The first episode (episode 0) is pure fanservice; the show itself isn't like that, but there's a definite tendency of the camera to pan over girl-bodies.

Characters are generally true-to-type but likable. Many people (including myself) have found the harem lead exceptionally annoying, but it's not too big a turn off. The star of the show is pretty unambiguously Kato Megumi, the titular boring girlfriend: a commenter has described her as a mix between the dead-pan snarker and a yamato nadeshiko, which is actually pretty fitting. (I personally think she's the best female character of the year, and she alone makes the anime worth watching.)

There you go, a mini-rewiew in a review thread.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote