View Single Post
Old 2015-08-01, 21:36   Link #7661
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
As always, that's ultimately a subjective opinion. It depends entirely on each person's expectations and individual analysis of the situation. The same topic has been debated many times over the years and there are multiple interpretations across the Internet that have argued otherwise. And I don't just mean those which assume that Lelouch never actually died in the first place. For a fair amount of people, his death was an absolute necessity in order to complete the character arc, rather than something that troubles them. Yet I won't repeat my own thoughts on the subject at length, because it would be redundant given that we have never agreed.
No, it's fact that there was too little believable justification to bring it to the conclusion. Too much deus angst machina involved. If they were to kill Lelouch, they should have also killed Cornelia and several others, and also outed the responsible BKs as traitorous pussies. Not to mention that it left a still somewhat gullible younger sister as empress. If there's any logical aesop, it's that undeserving people often get ahead in the end.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote