View Single Post
Old 2015-07-18, 11:26   Link #59
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
You may still get your wish.

From what I can see, the original Japanese text used the word "doryoku-ro" which translates to "power reactor". The word for "nuclear reactor" would be "genhiro", which isn't used here.

That's an important distinction because a power reactor can refer to any type of reactor that produces power (including fictional ones, take the GN Drives from 00), whereas a nuclear reactor would refer to a reactor that specifically uses nuclear fusion and/or fission type processes.

The text doesn't mean that they aren't nuclear reactors, but it does mean that the type of power it uses is still open and not disclosed for the moment.

Also, what I'm hearing to be the official English profile just uses the word "generator", so that further confirms my analysis earlier.

I do hope that they'll tell us eventually though and not just leave it not specified like AGE did.
You're awesome as always Sonic, thanks.

As for the original martians sounds to me like they were just humans as well, the first humans who settled the red planet.

Also, for a planet that's been " successfully" terraformed, it's still awfully red looking from that one scene with the ship in space.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote