View Single Post
Old 2015-07-14, 02:22   Link #94
somerand

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbrah View Post
What? Miyuki felt terrible after she killed those people in yokohoma. She wished Tatsuya was home because she felt bad. She also felt bad when she didn't properly control Nilfheim on the Blanche members and thought she killed them.

I'm pretty sure she is at least superficially nice, but so are most characters. She only loses composure like I said when it involves jealousy or insult towards Tatsuya.

Also, morals and moral acts are up for debate between anyone.
"“Onii-sama, is something on your mind?”
Even if this was a direct strike, this sort of questioning was probably a little too direct. Even Tatsuya looked at his sister with a dumbfounded expression, though that might be precisely the reason why he didn’t try to muddy the issue.
“I’m just a little concerned about the circumstances surrounding Shippou.”
“……Onii-sama. If you ever feel that you’re unable to forgive his insolence, please let me know.”
“Wait, wait, Miyuki. Don’t be so hasty.”
Seeing the malicious glint flashing in the depths of Miyuki’s eyes that bordered on killing intent, Tatsuya frantically waved his hand left and right. "

She gets murderous over mere insults directed at her brother.

"Only one of them dared to raise a hand towards Miyuki's Onii-sama.
That asinine man was already frozen.
However, for her, this level of retribution could be said to be sufficient, but at the same time unsatisfactory.
A sufficient reason.
An unsatisfactory result.
Before the young girl's slim figure, two rows of men stood there, unable to move at all.
Both mentally — and physically.
The floor was covered by a solid layer of white frost.
The only place that shared the same season as the outer world was a small circle that spread around where the young girl stood.
The white mist condensed into a tornado.
The frost turned the air bitterly cold.
She raised her right hand.
In this reality, she stood like the Queen of Ice about to render judgement upon the damned.
"You are all very unfortunate."
Her tone was entirely different from usual.
However, these words that were filled with majesty, judgement, and authority were in no way incompatible with her appearance.
"If you had not raised your hand against Onii-sama, I had planned to go easy on you."
The cold air slowly rose.
Gradually, the cold corroded their bodies.
The faces of the men were contorted with sheer terror and utter despair.
"I am not merciful like my Onii-sama."
The white mist rose to throat level.
"Pray. Pray that you will retain your pitiful lives."
The chilling air that utterly covered the men from head to toe abruptly turned the atmosphere solemn.
Wide Area Oscillation Speed Magic "Niflheim".
Silent screams permeated the deepening mist. "

She didn't need to blast them with Niflheim at all, she did it purely because she was "unsatisfied" with simply capturing them after what they did to her brother, which was absolutely nothing, they failed to effect Tatsuya at all, it was merely an attempt.

She told them to pray that they retain their lives, before blasting the mercilessly with A class magic, it was force far beyond what was required for a group of people not even resisting. She did it purely because they "raised their hands" against Tatsuya.

It was even stated in the novel that what her and Tatsuya did was excessive.
"The actions of Tatsuya and co could be construed as excessive self defense at best, or unlicensed use of magic causing injury and attempted murder at worst, but the arm of the law would not extend to them. -- "

"Miyuki's eyes shone with a fully serious light. Seeing that far too deep obsession, it seemed like Lina would laugh it off as deception, but she only let out a chuckle. "

Miyuki is obsessive and can easily resort to extreme violence for something as simply as attempting to act against her brother. There's nothing that mentioned she didn't properly control her Nilfheim.

"As expected, it seemed she repented her use of 'Niflheim' as having been too much.
Fortunately, due to the Blanche members being caught by chance in a cold sleeve (owing to the nature of the magic, the internals of the members had been snap frozen in the blink of an eye, avoiding membrane rupture), it seemed they had not suffered irreplaceable losses to their flesh ."

She felt that it may have been excessive later on, but does attempting to mass murder people simply because they "raised their hands" against her brother make it okay simply because she felt bad after? As seen by her telling them to "Pray for their pitiful lives", at the point in time when she used the magic, she had complete knowledge that she was potentially about to commit mass murder on people that were disarmed and not even attempting to resist.
somerand is offline   Reply With Quote