View Single Post
Old 2015-07-11, 21:31   Link #69
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iramohs View Post
He won't. Now that he's aware of Miyuki's feelings he wouldn't do that to her.
More than anything, I want Miyuki to step up and reject Masaki personally, regardless of Tatsuya and everyone else. Harshly, if need be.

That's not out of dislike for Masaki's characters though, as much as I do dislike the whole objecting to their engagement thing.

I'm thinking about Miyuki's mirror monologue about being forced to give up, having no choice, all she can do is wallow and suffer in a world that won't let her get what she wants.

Then, when Maya states they can get married, she says she had given up and then suddenly she doesn't need to give up. I see it as, now that she doesn't have to give up, she absolutely won't.

So, I'd like to see Miyuki take the state of her relationship into her own hands. Regardless of whether or not Tatsuya ships her with Masaki, regardless of whether or not the yotsuba branch heads decide to secretly back Masaki (They seriously might. I know it's nonsensical since Miyuki is the new Clan Head, but I think they might) Regardless of anyone else's opinion at all. If Miyuki herself decides to reject Masaki, he'd probably lose heart and give up. If Masaki feels the need to challenge Tatsuya, I'd rather see Miyuki fight Masaki herself, or at least say she will.

I think it'd be a good way for her character to move forward, or grow. This whole time she's been maintaining an image of being the perfect woman, the perfect little sister, the perfect ojou ETC... But we get to see underneath that sometimes, we get to see that she'll purposely pretend to know less than she does, or restrain herself because she believes she has too. Now that a fact of life that's been restraining her for so long IE: I can't be with my brother; has been lifted, I'd like to see her grab the freedom she gained with that and be more proactive.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote