View Single Post
Old 2015-07-10, 17:22   Link #28
tigerdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
He lied to Katsuto, it doesn't matter what he thinks about his position of his family, the fact remains that he as Yotsuba blood and is affiliated to them, it was even said in volume 13 or 14, whether he is lying or trying to mislead people it makes no difference, the whole Shiba family coming from a normal family is a cover. He said to Masaki that he had no relation to the Yotsuba attackers, also try to protect the Kuroba's identity to Mikihiko with some weird analogy, he asked a lot of things to certain persons knowing very well that they were aware that he wasn't revealing everything, Mayumi did ask about his family one times but he just talked about his dad and his stepmother. Lie, deception, using another reason to obtains what he wants, he did all of this, and sometimes it was necessary, sometimes he was just abusing of the others, reading some posts it's as if Tatsuya was an innocent boy or something.
I don't think anyone who's read the series would claim Tatsuya is an innocent boy or do-gooder by nature. But I also don't see Tatsuya as a villain. He simply does what he has to do to get the desired results. I think he's mostly a good person, even if he's ruthless and unapologetic. Or at least he does more good things than bad things, and usually does things for morally good reasons. I think most of the people he interacts with regularly see him in the same light. He's certainly no angel, though.
tigerdave is offline   Reply With Quote