View Single Post
Old 2015-07-10, 15:45   Link #22
tigerdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminy View Post
Even though Mayumi doesn't admit it she fell in love with someone from whom she was supposed to keep her distance. This guy belongs to a rivalling family, a bunch of psychopaths and killers. He lied to her about his identity and might even have used her for his own benefit. To top it all off this guy is already engaged to someone else.

Mayumi feeling sad and torn and Mari worrying about her friend. hmm yeah I'd say that's pretty much what I expected them to feel.
I was responding to the other poster who said that Mari looked annoyed on the cover. I think you're going a little too far with your conclusions. Tatsuya never lied about who he was, nor did she ever ask him if he was from the 10MC. Seriously, did Mayumi ever ask him about his family or his childhood? We know she wondered about whether he was an Extra, but she never asked him about it, so how was she deceived? Of course, if she did ask those things Tatsuya would have lied to her out of necessity. But she never asked personal questions beyond siscon-related quips.

As for Tatsuya using Mayumi, to me it looks like they've had a mutually beneficial relationship. And the engagement was just announced, it wasn't some hidden secret. Maybe Mayumi suspects that they've been engaged for some time, but there is no proof.
tigerdave is offline   Reply With Quote