View Single Post
Old 2015-07-10, 09:01   Link #9
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminy View Post
I still don't understand why Mari should not only be on the cover but also be in the front row. I can understand why they chose Mayumi, but why Mari? is it even possible to give her enough screen time to justify this decision? She is only a student and a low rank member of one of the 100 clans with no direct interactions with the Shibas ever since she left first high. Besides comforting Mayumi I doubt there is much she can do. Well the author likes her and that might be reason enough.
Because she is Mayumi's close friend? I didn't expect Mayumi to be on the cover TBH, with the preview I expected Lina, maybe Maya and the Shiba siblings but they put Mayumi there. So it implies that Mayumi will be more relevant than it was implied in the preview, more than Lina for this volume at least, she has marriage troubles + Yotsuba reveal + her dad and her brother acting without her knowing anything, since Mari is on the illustration Mayumi will likely interact more with Juumonji as well, last time she had chosen Tatsuya over him for obvious reasons and he's also invested in that mess as her 2nd candidate and next heir of the Juumonji clan. He did have a private talk with Tatsuya regarding his family too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erbrah View Post
Her family name is of 100 families. Just because they have one cqc magician shouldn't make them interesting.

Maybe she will be made into a guardian/body guard of Mayumi?

Not that I think they'll be interested in her but she is a member of the 100 families at the level of TMC combat magicians, so far, only she, Naotsugu and Toshikazu are in this category.

Last edited by Echizen777; 2015-07-10 at 09:28.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote