View Single Post
Old 2015-07-09, 16:32   Link #28
LazyHunter

I'm happy to see that the Kamachi ride continues, even if it will be some time before I can read the novels. I wonder if he plans to release something in November and/or December or if he will finally rest.

I haven't read the Blood Sign series beyond the teaser of volume 1 or Zashiki Warashi 6 & 7 yet, but personally I haven't noticed a drop in quality in any of the novels of Kamachi's recent streak that I have been able to read (Zashiki Warashi 5, NT12, Kamachiverse crossover and what's translated of Heavy Object 9). In fact, except for going overboard with using Touma as a punching bag for the rest of the characters in the crossover I haven't found anything I truly disliked in these novels (and that's because I'm not really a big fan of that kind of humour, others might have liked it).

The reception to NT12 and the crossover seems to have been mainly positive here. There's not really that many people who want to talk about Heavy Object or Zashiki Warashi in the forum, which is a shame. I personally liked ZW 5 and I'm enjoying HO 9 so far.

IMO Kamachi is perfectly able to do both quantity and quality and seems to be doing just fine in this stream of releases so far. I don't think he's in need of money when Index is still doing pretty well after all these years and Heavy Object finally got an anime. My theory is that he probably is too fired up after the 10th Index anniversary and the editors finally let him run wild.

@Zefyris
I totally understand that you feel the need to defend an author you like (since I'm basically doing the same above ), but I don't think @OH&S' intent was to compare them or put one above the other, no need to react like that.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote