View Single Post
Old 2015-05-14, 16:00   Link #30
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
2 questions come to mind about the mystery man's eyes for me. First, about what you said, doesn't izanagi seal the actual eyeball and not the lids? Granted Danzo's eyelids shut, but we don't know if izanagi did that or if he did it. When edo-Itachi used izanami, his actual iris got erased like the eyeball was sealed. This new character clearly has a functioning eye. But of course, what could the reason be for keeping his eye open if not what you said?

edit: I guess he might be using a technique that requires the eye to be open for an extended amount of time as a prerequisite, but that's a long shot

Secondly, are the whites of his eyes just in shadow or is he possibly an edo-tensei himself? We don't know for sure yet, but it looks like his eyes are edo-tensei eyes because the iris doesn't seem to have any shading.
I have been entertaining the idea that these guys may not even have real bodies. When I saw shin, my first impression was that he felt like a puppet or that substitute body thing that Kisuke makes for the shinigami in bleach. It's imaginble at least to me that orochimaru has advanced his soul/consciousness transfer technique where he does not require edo tensei sacrifices but rather creates artificial bodies and implant shinobi minds/memory in them probably after some sort of memory altering tech. Shin = shisui and hooded guy =dare I say izuna

This doesn't answer the question of why hooded guy has stitching and shin doesn't unless he is an older experiment built from less compatible material or something silly like that.

Speculation as always. Typing as I'm thinking lol