View Single Post
Old 2015-04-27, 19:24   Link #69
Jiminy

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerand View Post
Clearly the possibility of Lina naturalising in Japan exsits even if it's difficult. You say that Lina is like "property" but that isn't really the case. From what we have seen in the mahouka world and from what we know of Tatsuya's situation their respective governments can't literally legally force them into the army.

Sure if Lina left she would be under 24/7 surveillance (Or attempted 24/7 surveillance), they may even try to secretly assassinate her but clearly they can't legally force her to remain in the army.

(I'm not saying I think Lina should/could become the next Kudou head, this post is purely addressing the point of "The USNA will never allow it", obviously she could leave the USNA army and naturalise in Japan if she had powerful backing to do so, or at the very least Tatsuya believes she could.)
It's not about leaving the army. It's about leaving the country and that can indeed be enforced. The author repeatedly stated such. I didn't say she can't leave the country either. I just said she will never get the permission to do so. I said this because there were several persons who thought about the possibilities of diplomatic deals. The moment Lina leaves the country (or does not return from a mission abroad) she will have to hide.

@Aortax: No I don't think the Koudus could. They do not hide people for a long time period. And I believe you mix up Yotsubas and Koudus. The Yotsubas are the ones whoi work and live in the shadows and do all kind of shady jobs. At that time Tatsuya could only have meant the Yotsubas or the Army. He simply did not have any other connections that could be of help to her.

Last edited by Jiminy; 2015-04-27 at 19:40.
Jiminy is offline   Reply With Quote