View Single Post
Old 2015-04-27, 18:59   Link #68
aortax

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerand View Post
Tatsuya called out to Lina instead.
"Is there something else?"
From her words alone it could be interpreted that Lina was still annoyed, but her voice was not as sullen as her words.
The air of being cornered a while ago had disappeared.
"If you wish to retire from the Stars......"
"Eh?"
"If you ever wish to quit being a soldier, I think I could help. No, it's not that I have any power, but there are people I know who could be of service."

""The feelings I have towards Lina are not the kind you think. Bluntly speaking, I simply think it'd be convenient in the future if Lina were to leave the Stars. If possible not just exit the army, but move here. Naturalising as a Japanese citizen would be best." "

Clearly the possibility of Lina naturalising in Japan exsits even if it's difficult. You say that Lina is like "property" but that isn't really the case. From what we have seen in the mahouka world and from what we know of Tatsuya's situation their respective governments can't literally legally force them into the army.

Sure if Lina left she would be under 24/7 surveillance (Or attempted 24/7 surveillance), they may even try to secretly assassinate her but clearly they can't legally force her to remain in the army.

(I'm not saying I think Lina should/could become the next Kudou head, this post is purely addressing the point of "The USNA will never allow it", obviously she could leave the USNA army and naturalise in Japan if she had powerful backing to do so, or at the very least Tatsuya believes she could.)
I think tatsuya meant Kudou as people who can get this done. Kudou often does things like this in the first place and her being part of his family would given him a motive to carry this out. The kudou clan is also kinda desperate right now , so won't be illogical of them trying to help or.
aortax is offline   Reply With Quote