View Single Post
Old 2015-03-26, 05:55   Link #57
James Rye

There are two things I need clarification of to make sure I am not imagine things:

1) There was a bomb dropped on Akagi in the last episode at the end, right? Where did that one go at the beginning of this episode? I saw nothing of it, not a single screen of it being hit or missing Akagi or anything.

2) The Wo ship that Fubuki had hit in the head and left a mark, that one had YELLOW eyes, right? I am so sure that it had yellow eyes yet in this episode they were blue. What happened? I thought yellow eye Wo ships are elite whereas blue ones are normal, so did the hurt elite ship get a downgrade during the battle or what?

Overall this final battle felt pretty lackluster to me.
The Abyssal ships felt more like shooting targets and quite helpless, I even pitied them in this episode for literally being the punching bag of the shipgirls. But seriously, if over a dozen Abyssal ships just STAND around after surrounding two shipgirls and wait SEVERAL minutes without DOING ANYTHING while said girls are just talking and hugging and holding hands and literally WAIT till they fire their torpedos and do NOTHING TO DODGE THEM, then how can you even call this a goddamn "battle"?
This was not a battle, it was an overkill. And not a very enjoyable one too.

Also why did the Akatsukis show up? They didn't even fired a single shell from what I saw. They just stood around looking cute and talked as nothing is happening around them!

Compared to the magical girl parody final episode with the boys being battle lovers this final was pretty lackluster. While in episode 11 you had all the tension and shit happening and you were on your edge on the seat if Akagi gets hit and maybe sunk or starts burning and the girls are forced to decide to stay and fight, waiting for help, or leave Akagi to save their own lives in this episode all the tension was sucked out in the first two-three minutes.
Afterwards it was just a bore watching Abyssal ships standing around or driving around and getting destroyed to dozens while accomplishing nothing!
Even when the Airfield Hime for some reason evolved and regrow her limbs and what not, no tension could build up because the Abyssal ships stopped being a threat with all those shipgirls in front of them, killing them the moment they showed their heads above the ocean.

Oh well, hope the second season doesn't do such a "all tension and suspense gone, all hugs and jokes ending" again.
I don't wanna roll my eyes at the girls fighting their nemesis! I want to cheer on them and to win but for that there needs to be a CHALLENGE that feels like real danger not a all you can eat Abyssal ship buffet that does NOTHING to look like a threat!
I don't care if Hime can summon hundreds aircrafts and regrow her limbs if all her planes get destroyed in a single shell shot of Yamato and her body gets blown to pieces by Nagato!

Geez...

Oh well, I wonder what season 2 will be about, now that Fubuki is already living the dream. :P
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote