View Single Post
Old 2015-03-24, 09:42   Link #203
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
Chikuma was raked by fire of 5in guns from Samuel B. Roberts and Heermann.
They raked, but most of the damage was done by the torpedoes.

Though I might as well apologize here for confusing you for Sheba.

Quote:
The damage she took from the torpedo therefore took far longer than 15 hours to repair.
I'll grant you that possibility, but nevertheless having established fixes like that, now to change it takes a new setup.

Quote:
It doesn't imply anything in that sorts. You are making a mental error. To repair damage they have to stay the displayed time in the bath, meaning they use the time to do various things like folding rabbits. This has nothing to do with whether they can get out of the bath for a time - during which the damage isn't further repaired - or not since they don't repair damage while out of the bath.
You are going to be sitting there folding rabbits and popping styrofoam when you can just take regular trips out of the bathroom to get your manga, your novel, whatever? The clear implication is that you can't, especially when someone has to go to read the combat report to them rather than them just going out for a few minutes to get it.

Quote:
入渠 = entering a dock. It doesn't mean finishing the repair process.
It is actually better described as a state of being in the dock. Unless you think that you can finish a 入渠 by just entering it and getting right back out. The question would be meaningless.

Quote:
Whether you have one destroyer or two doing this doesn't matter. Besides you are ignoring weather conditions. In these weather conditions advanced warning is limited by visual contact. Place a couple of DDs further out does nothing, since the planes will just fly over them out of visual range before dipping down when closing in on the big targets.
We are in an overcast. To spot ships, the planes will have to be below the clouds, which limits their altitude.

At the very least, if they had a picket out in their rear, they might have picked up those torpedo planes. Even an extra minute, given how fast a kanmusu launches a plane, could improve things significantly.

Quote:
This is ridiculous. Klashikari's clearly distinguished between when he's referencing game, anime and reality. The one who mingles all together is you.
I've noticed that he tries to alternate between game logic (the Type 0 recce plane having a much higher LOS value than the Type 97) and other logic (such as suggesting that people can get out of the dock) when it is convenient.

Quote:
Again, since when was it confirmed that the Wo was taiha'd? Ithekro has already pointed out, false estimates happened quite often.
First, they are very very close, too close for a mistaken recognition. If you want to say Fubuki can't really tell, I'm cool, but then she shouldn't have entered Tai-Ha into her report. People make estimates based on what you report, you know.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote