View Single Post
Old 2015-03-04, 23:52   Link #55
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I am severly disappointed that after they put the second remodel in the last episode as main focus to just ... have it happen offscreen with zero buildup nonetheless. This is just plain bad story telling.

The part with Yuudachi training was nicely done and I liked that the one who was the laziest actually found the motivation and was rewarded for it. That said they used the whole thing as a catalyst to fuel Fubuki drama - again. Didn't we have enough of that already? Not only does she not trust TTK's decisions even after the motivational 'speech' he did in ep1, she never asked for the reason either.

As a side note, Fubuki's fandom with Akagi could be downtoned a notch. Not that I mind it that much but it's getting repetitive.

The Mogami/Fubuki/Mutsuki group accompany Hiryuu (she speaks!) and Soryuu back to the naval district, but then the latter two just disappear. As members of the previous carrier group one, they should at least give instructions when they see the bombed area. Yet the one in charge is Mogami?

Then the whole thing with TTK staying behind. What should I feel about a character that I only know the shadow of? I can see the reasoning why they didn't show him in the first place but then they suddenly drag him out of the background like this. It just doesn't make sense.

As for the ending, Fubuki gets Kai Ni. Why was a third of ep9 dedicated to showing Fubuki dealing with her issues when she just gets her second remodel at the end anyway? The whole drama could have been replaced by something more meaningful instead.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote