View Single Post
Old 2015-02-15, 10:00   Link #24
Random14

I thought their player info said they were part of PH? Although considering how crazy they were, not sure they would follow any orders anyway. Interesting tech Minami has been coming up with, even if it seems a lot more reckless/dangerous.

Whoops, now I remember his life story, and its understandable he'd want to get back, but repeated dying just seems really insane. I can see that Odyssey Knight's POV too, sorry to reference the other major "trapped in MMO" anime, but that was more common there, being desperate to get back home, to family and friends, and his life story would normally be sympathetic... just the crazed look in his eyes really doesn't help his cause. For some people, they love being in the game (somewhat surprised the anime went into that much detail about Tohya's sad life, compared to how they just had vague inferences before), but in a way these guys are worse than the random PKers Shiroe had to deal with early on.

I think Shiroe has been looking into the whole "trapped in game" thing quietly, but its a relatively minor priority for him, with little to no clues or info and plenty of other more dangerous problems to deal with first. Kind of surprised we haven't seen more of those, what did Shiroe call them, nostalgia groups, compared to Shiroe's nation building and Minami's experimenting. We know repeated dying is just going to erode their memories more (and Roe2's comments make it seem like part of a larger plan), and the info has probably somewhat spread in-world by now, but these guys seem more like they're just floundering about and desperate for any glimpse of the real world by this point. Well, not everybody can be as analytical as Shiroe and his group of course... which is why they makesfor such a nice contrast with Log Horizon members (who definitely believe the "game" world is real now and are trying to follow all of Shiroe's advice).