View Single Post
Old 2015-02-15, 05:08   Link #47
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I swear, you seem to put more emphasis on single incidents rather than overwhelming counter examples. Do you skip through them or something?
...I summarized a concept the first time, then you brought up specific single incidents for said concept, and I responded how I feel about those specific situations.
And I don't feel annoyed about him mulling over how he's an idiot, since I was thinking he was a complete moron all the while reading the section leading up to it. And I hardly find them to be "overwhelming counter examples." His abilities have been useless at least as much as they've been useful, except he often can't use them because of how limited their use is.

I do think it would be nice if Subaru's experiences actually had a stronger effect on how he acts or thinks. Like sometimes he'll be prepared to die to learn something about a loop, and then a death or two later he'll be bringing up about how afraid to die he is. Though it is nice he takes the Rem thing seriously rather than being a pure happy-go-lucky fool about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Then we'll have to agree to disagree.
I feel they have helped great deal, but I guess if you're used to the hax cheat heroes around, the new skills not curvestomping enemies would feel useless. They aren't useless at all, and neither is the story about the hero being hax. It's precisely the opposite if anything.
I'm more annoyed that he gets these hyped-up but turn out to be almost useless 'upgrades'. And it happens with each and every one of them, too, like a running gag. I'm fine with Subaru not being an overpowered character; everyone else aside from like 3 other named people fill that role well enough. You're completely misreading my intentions.
I just can't consider using an ability that causes more self-harm (the hand or dark spell) than good to be too useful. I honestly would have rather him just not have gotten the abilities, since it would encourage more creative solutions than basically hoping his unreliable abilities would somehow help outside of perfect situation for them.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote