View Single Post
Old 2015-02-06, 08:46   Link #7
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentwolfie View Post
A single character "Tian", is strictly heaven, sky, although it can be taken as "another world".

In-text states that there was only 1 land where 9 races lived together, then the very first nine calamity sword wielder separated the land and remade into 9 layers which were stacked on top of each other. Calamity (and hilarity) ensured when 5 layers had a physics problem and the layers collapsed, crushing the lands' creatures and killing off the races. These lands were then remade into 3 layers and stacked on top of each other, but then the name Jiu Chong Tian is retained to commemorate the 9 layers tragic event.

I write it as land because it's technically land. You know, humans are still restrained by gravity on the land, but I believe the image is

Upper region (land located high up in the sky)
Central region (land located in the middle of the sky)
Lower region (land on earth?)

So the Chong Tian (literally repeating skies) really refers to "the stacking lands in the sky", or maybe "celestial planes" if I really want to localize it. There are some fancy poetic kind of vibe on the title that I can't really localize it precisely and present it correct in English. And 9 worlds and 9 universes are absolutely wrong in this context. It's one world and only one sky.

But honestly I don't know how it works in physics lol (land floating in sky?). Just doesn't make sense in that department, so take the reading with copious grains of salt.
They stole the schematics from that city from Bioshock Infinite, but the name seems to have escaped my memory for some reason, I'll probably suddenly recall it two days from now, when I am not even thinking about it.
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote