View Single Post
Old 2015-02-05, 10:22   Link #60
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
In general, I think there are three issues intertwined here.

#1: Those who seriously are having mental issues due to being away from home and family in a totally new world. Possibly exacerbated if they were shut-ins to start.

#2: Those who simply do not like their options. Really, the two options are 'crafting' or 'killing things'. There are people who do not like the first option who also are not comfortable with the pain (even if lessened) and possible memory loss of the second. There are people who stopped adventuring altogether.

#3: The 'real' leechers. Lazy buggers who just want to have fun, and now that killing stuff has pain that's not fun. So they don't do anything. These are likely the ones Eins mentioned who got pouty with Mariel's parties because of envy.

They have to be careful to deal well with the first two without alienating them, while kicking #3 to the curb or encouraging them to actually do something.
I think that's pretty good analysis, with exception of n.2. There is always farming or service option. For example Serara has maid(?) subclass. cooking cleaning making errands, big guilds require all these