View Single Post
Old 2015-02-03, 23:06   Link #54
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Of course Eins has his own personal reasons, but it's not just his problem, it's Akiba's problem. If anything try to give Shiroe a bit of credit, he wouldn't be so worried about that if that was just a single guild's issue.
Of course it is issue noone said otherwise, but it's not issue because "leechers" are troubled, but because they are causing trouble. And it will become worse as gap between working class and lazing class grows more.

Quote:
I didn't get that impression from Eins, he doesn't really seem to think that they should definitely do something to make lazy people work, he seems to just think that people like that simply exist and that they need to do something about them and not simply leave them to their own devices.

And yes in that he is decidedly alone, whether it's his own advisors or the members of the RT they all rather want those people to work. It was also pretty much stated that there's a general sentiment of hostility towards leechers in the whole Akiba.
Eins simply don't have clue what should be done, that's why he throws in nonsensial ideas that just asking to be shot down on spot. Plus he does feed and provide hunting spot for members of his guild already which clearly isn't enough.

He also explicitly stated why he doesn't kick them out: Because having less member would mean weakening his position on RT conference. He is not protector of the weak but of his own little piece of cake, otherwise he would take steps in his own guild first. I am not saying he is bad person, but he is too occupied with own troubles to thing about others.

As I said before real problem is that there is lot of maladjusted people, giving them money or recepts would make situation only worse. So yeah, advisors and RT is right on that matter, What is needed is not make them work, but make them WANT work and everyone on confrence are aware of that, especialy Marielle shows lot of effort from begenning adress that and it's thanks to these efforts lot of people did adapted into new society until this point.

EDIT: That said considering, difficulty of problem, it might be impossible solve it by carrot and stick will be only option left

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2015-02-04 at 00:56.