View Single Post
Old 2015-02-01, 22:44   Link #40
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Food in this world is not a mere matter of survival though. We have learned that all food is horrible unless prepared by someone with culinary skill. One could get depressed quickly if the only thing he could eat was stale tasteless stuff his whole life.

When I said "ensure food for everyone" I meant "real" food, which certainly comes with a cost.
Nah, "real food" became for sure naturaly pretty cheap by now, not mention every bigger guild have at least one cook and it's members have either food for free or with discount. But even without it it's nothing that couldn't be solved by few low level mobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
As someone who played MMORPGs for several years I can say that things aren't so simple. Work isn't really rewarded fairly and equally.

You make it look like the leechers should just go hunting and get money like the rest, but we have seen since season 1 that the major guilds have monopolized the best hunting spots. Even then hunting is most likely a very unrewarding job because anyone can do it and there's inevitably a lot of competition.

The main issue that was brought up in this episode is that substantially those who have gained special teachings and those who have developed new crafting recipes are growing disproportionately rich compared to the rest. Moreover the Honesty leader is suggesting that the major guilds are establishing monopolies which would of course prevent smaller groups to compete.

It's not just the leechers that are poor but even hunters and merchants that work as much as everyone else, and some of them are driven into the leechers pool because they get fed up of working their ass off to gain spare money.
Monopolisation of hunting spots is one of major reasons for Shiroe establishing RT, and it appearently isn't issue now, not to mention Honesty one of three major raid guilds that is shown as example of leacher plagued group hardly has such problem as lack of hunting spots