View Single Post
Old 2015-01-20, 00:01   Link #109
Darthtabby

*Important Note*: In the future, I reserve the right to shut this down if it goes for two consecutive weeks without anyone other than me posting anything.

Episode 16: "Parade"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard Magazine Interview with Masakazu Ohara
This is another upbeat fan-oriented episode. If I had to pick a favorite outfit, I’d say Mai’s police costume. When it comes to karaoke, though, I’m not a fan of it in the slightest.
I'm not sure I entirely agree with that quote, there are some serious developments that take place in this episode and it ends with a pretty big bombshell being dropped. On the other hand, I will admit the karaoke scene has some of the series' most memorable humor. Natsuki's reaction to being forced to wear a pink dress and twintails is hilarious.

Speaking of Natsuki and karaoke, the show didn't actually switch singers when Natsuki stopped singing. Her voice actress (Saeko Chiba) continued singing until the song stopped, she just switched from singing in character (re: butchering it) to singing out of character (re: singing decently).

Another interesting staff related note about this episode is that to my knowledge it is the only one where the script is not credited to Series Composer Hiroyuki Yoshino. This has made me wonder if he had intended to do more with Mai being missing after last episodes events. Probably not, since he was the Series Composer and probably handed the writer who wrote this episode a basic outline of what the episode should contain, but it's something interesting to consider since the beginning of this episode makes Mai's "disappearance" at the end of last episode seem pretty pointless.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote