View Single Post
Old 2014-12-20, 02:58   Link #38
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
A little bit of background with my experience of Naruto: watched the anime when it first came out in English dub, watched up to essentially the ending of Part 1, stopping at the waterfall fight, and after waiting a while and learning that Naruto was STILL chasing after Sasuke who had by that point become OP (this was around the point where Naruto and Sakura met up with him at Orochu;s lair), I vowed I wouldn't touch this series again unless it had what I would personally qualify as a good ending. So, fast forward to learning about the end, and for the past few weeks, I read the manga in just about one go, from beginning to end. Since I haven't participated in any discussion along the way, you'll have to pardon my thoughts about everything in this post (hence why I have a spoiler tag)
Spoiler for An semi-in-depth review:

For those who don't want to open the tag, here's the tl;dr: part was mostly good, Kishimoto loves his villains and anyone named Uchiha, always making sure there's a cop-out, the war arc dragged forever but with a few good moments, the Pain and Kaguya arcs were among my favorites, and Uchihas need to learn to get over things and not destroy the world. Oh, and this went down the DBZ route of power-ups.

Overall, I'm going to give this a 7/10.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote