View Single Post
Old 2014-10-17, 13:30   Link #47
Echizen777

Being useful and being close are very different, it's not because he needs someone's help that it means that he is closer. He asked to protect Honoka and Shizuku but the others are certainly included as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Illusions View Post
Trident is Tatsuya's personal, custom made Silver Horn CAD.

Shizuku did buy one herself a Silver Horn after the NSC (and used it during Yokohama Incident), she knows how to cast Photon Maser with it.
Azusa also has a Silver Horn iirc, given to her by Tatsuya for taking up the mantle of class president.

While I digress a little, I still stand by my thoughts that Honoka and Shizuku are the closest to the Shiba siblings. Yes, Tatsuya probably relies more on Miki and Mizuki in recent volumes for their combat/scouting abilities but on a personal level, the two girls know more personally about Tatsuya and Miyuki than the other class mates. Although Erika did make the connection to Yotsuba first out of the group...
Knowing more of their background don't make them closer. They don't really know more anyway, I only remember Tatsuya saying to Honoka that he is unable to love someone, it has its importance but it doesn't really make Honoka closer to him than his other friends, Shizuku knows nothing in particular. Erika, Leo, Mizuki, Mikihiko all know him well, maybe it's because it's Tatsuya that it's more complicated to see that.

If we take Miyuki for example, it's apparent that besides Tatsuya she is closer to Honoka and Shizuku, then there is Erika and Mizuki and Leo and Miki(they barely interact and I think there is a quote mentioning that they are not even friends, Mikihiko has even trouble talking with Miyuki). Honoka and Shizuku themselves are closer to each other than Miyuki. And there is Tatsuya, he is friend with all of them, but he is not particularly more intimate with one over the other but given his interactions, Erika, Leo, Mikihiko and Mizuki are closer to him than the 2 others. There is how he chose Erika and Mizuki's favorite sandwiches, noticing that Erika was angry when they were missing, it's because he knows them and their tastes well. For Honoka however, he asked for Miyuki's help because he didn't know what kind of gift she would prefer.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote