View Single Post
Old 2014-09-17, 18:48   Link #72
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Keep in mind, early promotional stuff tends to be heavily for material they'll be covering at the start, as that's what they're working on and can give information for. For example, the first season of Sword Art Online started with no indication that it would proceed past the Aincrad arc, but it did. The second season started with no official indication it would go past the Phantom Bullet arc, but it's clearly going to do so.

So for Log Horizon Season 2, it's no surprise that they'd be talking about and show casing things that'll show in in the first cour of the series. For that matter, given the director, assuming there's only one opening again, we'll probably know a lot more about how far the season will go from watching the opening than from any release of character designs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
I doubt they animate Volumes 6-7 only. Just that they don't show new characters early. And I read that Mamare planned 15 volumes for LH. So we won't see the ending this season unless he changed his mind.
I doubted that they'd only cover those volumes as well, but S1 covered five volumes. Even with Mamare's input, the anime is covering that same amount of material when there isn't that much to begin with; two volumes were published before the start of S2's production and a third is coming out barely a week before S2 airs.

And, as BucketHat pointed out (to me), even with Dragonhowl Mountains, that'd be only around four extra episodes. If they keep the chapter-per-episode format they've had, that's 10 episodes for the two volumes, maybe another 5 for Vol8, and then 4 for Dragonhowl. All the rest would have to be filler, unless they were adding WWB, HML, or Fortune, and all three of those are at S1 stuff.

Last edited by DQueenie13; 2014-09-17 at 20:20.
DQueenie13 is offline   Reply With Quote