View Single Post
Old 2014-08-02, 23:55   Link #98
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoor View Post
OK... I am confused.
I do not understand why it was important for Tatsuya to marry Mayumi to be apart of the 10 Master Clans. I thought the Yotsuba Clans WAS one of them so Tatsuya is also. Do his classmates not know that Tatsuya is Yotsuba? Doesn't that make what Juumonji advice irrelevant?

BTW: I am still being a bit unsettled by what really seems to be elitists, maybe even fascist, undertone in this series.
They do not know that Tatsuya is part of the Yotsuba. But apparently for whatever reason Tatsuya is treated as both a "nobody" and is somehow considered to belong to the Yotsuba family proper, but they do not want people to know that, apparently, so the info about Tatsuya and Miyuki is rather ironclad and nigh-impossible to uncover. No Head Dragon was complaining about it in this ep too, in fact. Kokonoe (Tatsuya's combat instructor - the shinobi) also mentioned he tried to look into it way back in ep 5, 6, or 7 and could not uncover anything either, if I remember correctly.

The only ones who seem to know about Tatsuya are his military compatriots and folks like Kudou (the older gentleman with the black eyes) - as evidenced by the discussion he and Tatsuya's superior (?) had in this ep as well.