View Single Post
Old 2014-08-02, 03:04   Link #94
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
My question to you is : is there really a need for a character development?
If he is a criminal-borderline pervert like the MC in DxD or she is a bitch like the MH in Zero, i would scream for character development.
But when he is the ideal shounen in a shoujo manga and she is the ideal shoujo in a shounen manga, i think they are good as they are now.
"ya don't fix what aren't broken."

Regarding "plot", I would ask you this: what is the main plot of you own real life story?

As i said, people want "character development" because the characters are not to their liking and they want to change them out. I'm curious what kind of character you want Tatsuya and Miyuki become?
character development for me pretty important for me when reading or watching. i take what back what i said about character development earlier. there were some but not a whole lot. it is not a strong focus point for mahouka.

also asking a question to a question to answer a question to make the person answer your question is pretty evasive and rude. i am not about to tell parts of my personal life to the world wide web or in this case on this forum.

and i'm not one to think to myself "Wow, I wish this character would be like this instead of this." if i'm reading or watching. i'm along for the ride and that is all. now whether i liked what i read or watched is another thing. i view character development as a way to change the pace and direction of where a story, plot, and subplots will head towards to. it's not because i don't like how the characters are written.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote